We are looking to add a Product Manager to our team. In this role, you will be working closely with the founder to understand our objectives, and customers to understand their needs and, to own, define and articulate what success looks like for Projected.
Our mission is to help founders plan better, in the hope that their companies last longer and become successful.
We believe that we are in one of the most exciting times to be an entrepreneur and that by helping more businesses succeed we are playing a part in unlocking the potential that entrepreneurship brings.
Our core business is to provide beautiful, simple forecasting tools to founders, start-ups and scaleups that want to make better decisions.
We are a fully remote team working locally and globally and whilst we are at the start of our own journey, we’re backed by some incredible investors and have big ambitions.
Our people are thoughtful, curious and intentional in everything they do. We understand that work means nothing without the time to play and to enjoy the time with those we love. We all care deeply about our shared mission; we expect you to, as well.
About This Role
We are looking to add a Product Manager to our team.
In this role, you will be working closely with the founder to understand our objectives, customers to understand their needs and, to own, define and articulate what success looks like for Projected.
Working closely with the CTO, engineering team and our designer, you will help us turn that vision into reality.
You will be actively involved in all team efforts and gatherings, ensuring everyone that needs to be, is updated with your progress and knows what support you need or can provide.
You ask for assistance and understand the dependencies across the team.
● Not only working software, but also well-crafted software
● Not only responding to change, but also steadily adding value
● Not only individuals and interactions, but also a community of professionals
● Not only customer collaboration, but also productive partnerships
That is, in pursuit of the items on the left we have found the items on the right to be indispensable.
Your day-to-day activities may include:
● Decide and lead the product direction
● Put together a product roadmap and ensure the day-to-day management and delivery of features and functionality
● Carry out user research, competitor analysis, analyse user flows to determine the optimal efforts needed in order to grow the product
● Input into the design of new screens and functionality to meet the growing needs of the Platform
● Provide UX and UI feedback to the development team to help build a great product
● Help manage regular team meetings, including standups, sprint planning, and retrospectives
● Help out with quality assurance and testing
● Be responsible for the effective communication of releases across the business and wider customer base
We are a remote-first team, mostly based in the UK, and whilst this role will mainly be in typical business working hours with the option/need for time outside these hours we are open to flexible working arrangements and know that a strict 9-5 doesn’t work for everyone.
We understand the importance of in-person contact and have at least 2 company gatherings a year.
We are a curious bunch and want to continue learning. We want you to develop in your role and support you to increase your abilities and impact.
Salary and benefits
Annual Salary of £40-50K (with a little flexibility for the right candidate)
● 25 days annual leave
● Pension Plan
● Flexible working
● Passionate about building customer centric products that solve a real need.
● Someone who can manage complexity and ambiguity but focus on the right outcome and back up your decision clearly and able to get your point across to others.
● A person with an organised and methodical approach to your work, with an attention to detail who wants to deliver high-quality services and keep the team at ease
● A problem solver who can collaborate with the rest of the team to help make an idea better
● Someone who gets things done and is willing to step up, roll up your sleeves and take responsibility, who can work effectively with little supervision and with a high degree of self-motivation
● Excited and interested in the latest technologies and keep yourself informed
● Someone with an ability to disagree and commit when necessary
Your Skills and Experience
● Experience product-managing complex systems, finance-based or SAAS products
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
● Friendly and able to build positive relationships
● Experience working in and/or with startups
● Experience working simultaneously with development teams
● A track record in delivering high-quality product experiences
● A strong understanding of UX and a keen eye for design
● The ability to communicate clearly with customers to gather requirements and provide product updates
Projected is an equal opportunity employer: We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We are keen to speak with you even if you feel you don’t have the ‘right’ professional experience but are fully capable of doing the role.
We think all life experience is valuable and useful for this role. Hitting the ground running is useful, but you will get supportive on-the-job training to support your success
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line:
I am your new Product Manager.
Please write a little bit about yourself that can’t be found on your CV, including the following:
● What encouraged you to apply;
● Why Projected;
● In no more than 300 words, let us know a situation where you have used your skills to do something unusual or different.